Studying Legal Services at the La Retraite 6
why study this course?
The curriculum is crafted so that learners combine classroom theory, practical learning and a minimum of 9 weeks industry placement with an employer, ensuring learners have a real experience of the workplace and a skilled job.
You will develop an understanding of a broad range of issues relevant to the sector, including:
- the business environment
- careers within the legal profession
- professionalism and ethics
- security and risk
- equality, diversity and inclusion requirements
- third party professional services
- the fundamentals of law
- the fundamentals of financial accounting
- an awareness of digital and emerging technology, digital transformation and digital tools
- data driven innovation, analytics and design thinking
- research skills
- project and change management approaches in legal contexts.
options to specialise
In addition to the core content, each student will also complete at least one module of occupation-specific content.
The Legal Services T Level consists of two Legal Assistant occupational specialisms:
- Legal Services Assistant - Business, Finance and Employment
- Legal Services Assistant - Crime, Criminal Justice and Social Welfare
launching september 2023