Media Broadcast and Production
During the 2-year programme, students will learn the core knowledge and skills that are needed for entry to a range of media, broadcast and production occupations. The T Level in Media, Broadcast and Production will be available from September 2024.
Studying Media Broadcast and Production at La Retraite6
Why study this course?
This course is suitable for anyone wanting a career in the media, broadcast and production sector. Career options might include:
Studio Sound Engineer
Audio Visual Technician
Live sound Engineer
TV or Film Sound Technician
TV or Film production Assistant
Radio Broadcast Assistant
TV or Film Assistant Director
TV or Film Director, TV or Film Producer
Media Students - Work experience
What will i learn?
Students will develop an understanding of a broad range of issues relevant to the sector, including:
- the creative economy
- the individual in the creative industries
- cultural context and vocabulary
- audience and consumer needs
- legal and regulatory requirements
- professional standards and conduct in the workplace
- equality, diversity and inclusion requirements
- research skills
- project methodology and administration
- continued professional development
Options to specialise
In addition to the core content, each student will also complete at least one module of occupation-specific content.
The specialisms available in the Media, Broadcast and Production T Level are:
- creative media technician
- events and venues technician
- content creation and production