Message from the Presidential Team
Welcome to La Retraite 6
As Student Presidents, we take great pride in our Sixth Form. The La Retraite 6 experience is defined by opportunities to enrich our lives, give access to unrivalled careers and education support, and provide an environment which challenges and encourages independence, whilst nurturing each of us to fulfil our true potential.
We have adopted the African Aya fern symbol as part of our identity as it signifies endurance and resourcefulness, which our qualities we expect from all our students and demand from ourselves. It encapsulates the spirit of La Retraite 6, a spirit we seek in all those who apply to our centre of excellence.
Whatever your future goals may be, whether it is university, an apprenticeship or moving straight into a career, our teachers are on hand to offer the guidance and access to practical experiences which will ensure we stand out from the crowd; this will range from interview preparation and leadership programmes to work placements and learning experiences beyond the classroom.
Our alumni have progressed on to the best universities, secured careers at prestigious companies, are representing their communities in local government, and representing all that our Sixth Form stands for - we are lucky that whatever route we choose to pursue, we know our teachers know how to get us there!
Choosing a sixth form is not an easy task, but if you are looking for somewhere that will help you navigate your own pathway and equip you to achieve it, we are the right step for you to take.
Why choose us?
- Highly specialised teachers who are experts in their field
- A sizeable, well-resourced sixth form which offers an array of courses to suit every need and ambition
- The Academic Pathway: we offer A Levels in all traditional subjects, but our size and curriculum allows us to widen our offer to include ones you might not expect in every sixth form
- Technical Pathway: T Levels, such as Midwifery, Childcare, Legal Services, Digital and Construction, blend classroom learning with industry experience
- Entrepreneurial Pathway: Kick start your professional career with a range of courses including ICT and Business, Sport, Health & Social Care and Media.
- Opportunities for global travel, in recent years we have embarked on expeditions to New York, Barcelona, Greece, Italy, Switzerland and Washington
- Learning experiences that extend beyond the classroom including cultural visits and events, community volunteering, guest speakers, mentor programmes and much more
- Partnerships with Universities and organisations allow us to offer City internships, University Summer Schools and Master Classes, Russell Group University Programmes, and opportunities through links to the Livery Companies
- A dedicated Careers service to offer support, guidance, advice, and work experience
- An extensive enrichment programme which aims to open students’ eyes to a world of possibilities, boost applications and allow our students to immerse themselves in their passions. From a wide range of societies, Enhanced Leadership Programme and Combined Cadets Force, there’s something for everyone!
- Outstanding facilities including the Aya Centre, with a separate study space for Years 12 and 13, computer suites, media facilities
- We offer every student a free Chromebook for the duration of their studies.
Sixth Form Student President Team