Impressive results and ambitious plans for the future once more at La Retraite 6
Once again, we are delighted to share the outstanding results attained by La Retraite 6 students, across our comprehensive range of academic courses.
The achievements of students this year are a testament to, and the richly deserved rewards of, their hard work and dedication throughout their time at La Retraite 6, marking another year of academic and personal achievements for students to add to our legacy of academic excellence.
This year, students were elated to accept places at prestigious and first-choice universities, alongside embarking on their chosen career pathways and apprenticeships.
Having received positive results across the board, there were many standout subjects and individual successes. In addition to high overall pass rates, highlights included:
- We are in the top 5% of schools for proportion of students going on to study degrees, apprenticeships or other Level 4 study, taking prior attainment into account.
- Our school has achieved a Progression Score of 17 in the Well Above Average category, demonstrating exceptional student advancement and educational excellence.
- Our students have excelled with a 100% pass rate in our T Level, EPQ and Cambridge Technical cohorts, and an impressive 64% of A-Level entries attained A*-C grades.
- In specific subjects, our students exceeded beyond expectations within 100% of students achieving A*- C grades in Further Maths, Art, Portuguese and Italian. This demonstrates their proficiency and dedication in these fields.
- In Business and ICT, our students showed significant progress, with 88% achieving Distinction*/Distinction grades in Business and 83% achieving Distinction*/Distinction grades in ICT.
- Asia Roberts has not only excelled academically with A*AB grades, but is also embarking on an exciting journey to Queen Mary University of London to specialise in Robotics Engineering.
- Samy Mail achieved remarkable grades of Distinction* and AB and his outstanding performance has earned him a coveted spot at one of the top 5 ranked universities in the UK, where he will be studying International Relations at Durham University.
- Jonice Koffi achieved a superb portfolio of results including AAC in Maths, Biology and Chemistry, earning a well-deserved spot to study Medicine at King’s College London.
- Rachel Appiah-Kubi and Zoe Dimitri-Brazil are amongst a select group of students, who have successfully secured coveted positions in prestigious Apprenticeship programs affiliated with Santander and Lloyds Banking Group.
La Retraite 6 is founded upon on an offer that equips every student with the practical experiences, knowledge and attributes to succeed and embark on their chosen future pathway. La Retraite 6 continues to expand its offer for students, launching 'Craft and Design' and 'Media, Broadcast and Production' to its T Level syllabus in September 2024.
“We are hugely proud of our class of 2023 in achieving such fantastic results! This cohort is particularly special as they had no exam experience during their GCSEs but showed incredible motivation and resilience to reach some top destinations. Everyone at LR6 sends you on your way with the best of luck - you are amazing people and we know you are going to achieve great things in the future!”
Director of La Retraite 6, Matt Dutton
GCE a level & Cambridge Technical Results 2019-2023
|Average A Level Grades||33.5 pts (C+)||30 pts (C+)|
|Average Cambridge Technical Grade||Distinction+||Distinction -|
|Average T level grade||N/A||Distinction +|
|Students progressing to education or employment||87%||80%|
Academic Retention figure
Vocational Retention figure
gce a Level & Cambridge Technical Results 2023
|Academic Average Point Score||29.93|
|Average GCE Grade||C|
|Vocational Courses Average Point Score||29|
|Average Cambridge Technical Grade||D-|
|YEAR 13 RESULTS||2023||2019|
|GCE Subject||No. of Students||A*-A||A*-B||A*-C||A*-A||A*-B||A*-C|
|Art - Textiles||7||71%||86%||60%||60%||80%|
|CAMBRIDGE TECHNICAL EXTENDED CERTIFICATE||2023|
|Cambridge Technical Subject||No. of Students||D*||D*-D||D*-P|
|Health & Social Care||20||5%||10%||100%|