We are delighted to share the outstanding results achieved by sixth form students, marking another year of academic and personal achievements for students to add to its existing legacy of academic excellence.
- Nearly 70% of the A Level cohort achieved A*-B grades; all top achievers attained A*-A grades.
- Vocational results go from strength to strength, with nearly 70% of learners achieving Distinction*.
- 78 students gained entry to their first-choice university.
- At A Level, students add a whole grade and in vocational subjects students add almost two grades to students prior achievement.
- 100% of students passed their core exams and employer set project for the Digital and Childcare and Education T Levels and transition students have all successfully completed their course.
In the face of a challenging year, our students have continued to display their strength of character, and it has not held back on their ambitious plans for the future and achieving excellence, with students accepting places at prestigious and first-choice universities, alongside embarking on their chosen career pathways and apprenticeships. We are incredibly proud of all students achievements, with some stand out individual performances:
- Sisters Elizabeth and Ruth Adeyeye celebrate 3 A* grades each, in Biology, Chemistry and Maths. Both students will commence their Medicine degrees in September, at Imperial College London and UCL, respectively.
- Student President Nicole celebrates 4 A Level grades: A*A*AA in Theology, Portuguese, Mathematics and Economics, and looks forward to embarking on her Degree Apprenticeship at UBS.
- Amy joined the La Retraite 6 from St Anthony’s Primary School and achieved D*A*A in Health and Social Care, Sociology and English Literature. In September, she will begin her Nursing degree a Kings College University.
- A special mention should go to Shechinah, Katty, Karoline and Keziah who achieved A grades on the Digital T Level. Shechinah is getting ready to start her placement at the Civil Service, Katty and Karoline have already started working for BLS Media and Keziah works for MSE.
- Maameyaa, Courtney, Hannah, Selena, Leah, Jacqueline, Karen, Salamat, Affoue, Verenice and Jennifer all achieved A grades for Childcare and Education and the students are thoroughly enjoying their childcare placements.
Top university destinations include Birmingham, Imperial College London, University College London, Bristol, Kings College London, University of Surrey, University of Greenwich, Aston University, Queen Mary, University of Sussex and Brunel. Students are embarking on a number of degree pathways, including Neuroscience, Law, Cognitive and Clinical Neuroscience, Biomedical Sciences, Digital Media, Marketing, Pharmacy, International Business, Architecture, Medicine, Engineering, Physics, Accounting, Computer Science, Performing Arts, Chemical Engineering, LLB, Modern Languages, Fine Arts, Politics and International Relations, and many more.
Director of Sixth Form Ruth Coyle commented:
“All of us at the La Retraite 6 are incredibly proud of students’ achievements today. Not only have they come so far throughout a difficult year, but they have continued to display their passion for chosen subjects and determination in everything that we do. It is our promise to students to provide them with many opportunities to explore their career aspirations for the future and support them every step of the way, and I congratulate every single one of them. I wish them the very best of luck and hope to welcome you back to inspire the next generation of La Retraite 6 students, soon!”.
Headteacher Dominic Malins also commented:
“The incredible results, destinations and pathways secured today is an embodiment of our ambition to enable every student within our care to become successful young adults, having built the foundations for their future success. Congratulations – I look forward to working with you in the future on our alumni programme and hearing more of how you have flourished in the years to come”.
The La Retraite 6 is founded upon on an offer that equips every student with the experiences, knowledge and attributes to succeed in an everchanging and ever-advancing world and embark on their chosen future pathway. The sixth form continues to expand its offer for students, launching Health and Midwifery and Construction from September 2022 and Media to its T Level syllabus in September 2023.
GCE A Level & Cambridge Technical Results 2019
|Academic Average Point Score||34.9|
|Average GCE Grade||C+|
|Vocational Courses Average Point Score||29|
|Average Cambridge Technical Grade||M+|
|YEAR 13 RESULTS||2019||2018|
|GCE Subject||No. of Students||A*-A||A*-B||A*-C||A*-A||A*-B||A*-C|
|Art & Design||8||12.5%||88%||88%||100%|
|Art - Textiles||5||60%||60%||80%|
|CAMBRIDGE TECHNICAL EXTENDED CERTIFICATE||2019||2018|
|Cambridge Technical Subject||No. of Students||D*-D||D*-M||D*-P||D*-D||D*-M||D*-P|
|Health & Social Care||20||30%||85%||100%||20%||90%||100%|